This weekend I talked about saying yes to perseverence and I flew through the 7 rules of staying power. So in case you didn’t get them all in the talk, here they are:
1. Any quest in life, truly worthwhile, will present you with a “quit now” moment.
2. A life of quitting early will leave you with an inventory of uncompleted business.
3. We tend to overestimate our own strength, and underestimate God’s.
4. You don’t have to beat your opponents, just outlast them.
5. Battles are won at moments that don’t feel like victories.
6. In the endurance vs. escape struggle, vision of the payoff is what tips the scales.
7. Perseverance is the key to healthy, godly self-esteem.